Carson City Open Studios Tour
Here is your place for general information about the Open Studios Tour.
The 2021 Jazz & Beyond Music and Art Festival this August includes the third annual Carson City Open Studios Tour on Saturday, August 21, and Sunday, August 22, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at multiple studios throughout Carson City. A new one-day option has been added for artists to participate on Sunday, August 22, at the Bliss Mansion.
This admission-free cultural event showcases 27 local artists. They will present visual art and art demonstrations including painting, sculpture, pottery, 3D art, jewelry, glass, batik, and photography, in about a dozen individual and shared studio spaces. Six locations will include live music.
Here is a list of studios:
All studios open 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 8/21 and 8/22, except as noted.
Each location has a number. Click on “[external map link]” beside the name of each location/studio name to bring up a Google map of the location.
1. Moongirl Studio, 1705 Vineyard Way [external map link] (Restroom available)
2. Donna Jensen Studio, 2654 Wellington N. [external map link] – Note change in plans: Studio will only be open on Sat., Aug. 21 (not on Sunday).
Artist: Donna Jensen
3. Beltrame Studio, 1512 N. Nevada St. [external map link]
Artist: Massimiliano (Max) Beltrame
4. Carson City Historical Society’s Carriage House, 1207 N. Carson Street [external map link] (behind the Foreman Roberts House) (Restroom available)
Artist: Ronnie Rector
Also, CCHS‘s “Notable Women of Eagle Valley” exhibit will be on display.
Artists: Cyndy Brenneman, Curtis Kortemeier, Suzy Musil, Penny Rand, Gail Rogers, Patricia Watkins
6. Stillwell Art Studio, 5050 Hells Bells Road [external map link] (Restroom available)
Artists: Margaret Stillwell, Michael Bond, Victoria Galbraith, Jennifer Schnabel, Irene Taylor, LaVonne Vasick
Music by Colin Ross (Sat. 8/21 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Sun. 8/22 from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.)
7. Indigo Lotus, 403 N. Walsh St. [external map link]
Artist: Ubon Edmonds
8. Colleen Reynolds Studio, 400 W. King St., Suite 111 [external map link]
Artists: Colleen Reynolds, Anette Rink
9. Nevada Artists Association (NAA) Gallery, 449 W. King Street [external map link] (Restroom available)
Artist: Kristy Dial
Also, the NAA Summer Show will be on display, including at least one work by each of the 27 artists on the Tour.
10. Carson City Pottery, 225 S. Richmond Ave. [external map link]
Artists: Robin McGregor, Rich McGregor, Clair Bridwell, Maggie M
11. Carol Brown Studio, 1083 Bandtail Drive [external map link]
Artist: Carol Brown
Open Studios 2021 Brochure is available for download as a PDF (2 pages, 8.5″ by 11″): CLICK HERE.
There is also an Open Studios Tour Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Carson-City-Open-Studios-Tour-2143810809075694.
Map for studios is available HERE.
Local and Regional artists have teamed up to bring this artistically eclectic event to Carson City. Many local artists are sharing their home studio spaces with artists from throughout the region in order to create an amazing collection of art in our fair hamlet. Artists will not only be sharing their works, but sharing their process as well. There will be hands-on art demonstrations at some locations and, where practical, the artists will share their process with visitors.
New this year: A work by each artist selected for the Open Studios Tour has also been entered in the Nevada Artists Association Summer Show, August 1 through September 10.